On Thursday & Friday, February 20-21st, The 2nd Annual Southeast Clean Power Summit will be taking place at the Hyatt Regency in New Orleans.
This is an exciting opportunity for Utility Commissioners from Georgia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Colorado to meet together to discuss the issues at hand. Representatives from Entergy, Georgia Power, Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), Florida Power & Light (FPL), the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), as well as other experts will be presenting at the summit. The Alliance’s Casey Demoss Roberts will also take part in a panel discussion on various policy programs and projects as well as advocacy in regard to energy efficiency and renewable energy.
• Recognize the clean energy R&D work coming from national laboratories
• Outline regulatory changes that make generation and transmission updates
• Identify large utilities’ latest clean power projects
• Identify contractual considerations of power purchase agreements (PPA)
• Evaluate the viability of wind and solar power in your region
• Discuss interconnection and reliability challenges and opportunities
• Identify the positive impact of distributed generation
• Review the cost-benefit analysis of current projects
• Apply transferable best practices to your region
Click here for a link to the full agenda